Around me a lot of people have been complaining about uncontrollable things like cold weather and midterm season. And yet, it is still one of the best times of the year. Fashion week has begun and it is fueled with hot trends, excitement and a brand new venue.
To kick off fashion week, I’ve decided to compose a list of my favorite pieces from each nights show. So for those of you who weren’t luckily enough to get your hands on a pass or not brave enough to brace the cold- I hope this gives you some insight on whats going on in Philly Fashion.
- I’m going to begin this list with my favorite look of the night. Mitchell & Ness is a designer that is focused on sports teams and incorporating logos into fashion. I have been waiting practically my whole life for some style inspiration for fashionistas attending sporting events.The Flyers are one of my favorite teams and it is such a struggle to show team spirit and style guru elegance.
2. This jacket made me smile as soon as the model hit the runway. I love incorporating wording into my clothing. As a journalist phrases are an essential part of my being. Putting fun sayings onto street wear clothes isn’t exactly a new trend but designers have definitely been competing to find more interesting ways to incorporate them.
3. Jumpsuits have been in and out of fashion more times than I can keep track of. Recently they seem to have been out for a minute but Philly fashion week has been whispering not to throw them out just yet.
4. This swimsuit line took me to a tropical paradise in my mind. Color blocking is a big trend right now and also one of my favorites. I actually think I’m going to be doing some digging to see how I can get my hands on one of these babies.
5. Black & white are my favorite colors. Its simple and edgy which I think makes a perfect combo.
6. A major trend I saw on the runway this year, was mix matching patterns, incorporating graffati and a lot of boyfriend jeans. I didn’t expect boyfriend jeans to be gone just yet but this line definitely has me open to the idea of adding some funky jeans to my wardrobe.
7. This dress made my list because it was so effortlessly easy to style. In my head I already have a 100 different combinations in mind. It also happens to be very easy to DIY.
8. As I said before, Prints were a big part of the street wear show this year. Staple pieces have become a necessity for women on the move. I think we are going to see a lot of similar pieces to this walking on the NYC runways this year.
9. I might just be a sucker for some good over the knee boots but everything about this line screams fierce to me. It’s extremely easy to recreate and as long as some tights were added under there, I could definitely rock it.
10. Lastly, my final adored combination of the night, is another pattern. Sorry but trends have a way of coming from nowhere & suddenly being right in your face.
I hope you all enjoyed this recap of the Philly Fashion Week: Street Wear show. I had so much fun photographing these amazing designs and I’m excited to share everything I have in store for you all!
Be on the lookout for similar posts regarding the next shows as well as a recap of my personal experience and what I wore to fashion week!
Brands in order of Photo’s:
- Mitchell & Ness
- Kinetic Styles
- Designed by Shawn B.
- Burning Guitars
- Burning Guitars